Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Autumn Sunrise Hat and Scarf

I finally had the chance to work on some of the yarn that I made this spring and am happy to report that I have finished making the hat and scarf that I intended to make with it.  I used the merino wool that I dyed with red and yellow dyes to make an array of sunset colors. Here it is as freshly dyed roving:


 The roving then spun up into two nice skeins that looked like this:

I used part of one for the hat, and the leftovers, plus another full skein for the scarf.  I think they turned out great!

I am so glad to be done with another project so that I can move on to newer projects.  I have a couple of hats that have been ordered for the holiday season, so I will get to work on those as soon as I can.  Once I am done with that, I will probably start working on another color scheme for another matching hat and scarf.  

No comments:

Post a Comment