Sunday, November 19, 2017

Whimsical Turtle Hat

One of the fun things about crochet is that you can make just about anything if you put your mind to it.  I recently had a special request for a hat with a turtle theme.  I wasn't sure if I wanted to put a turtle in the pattern or make the hat into a turtle so I started looking at patterns online.  Lo and behold I came across the perfect thing:  a hat that was a turtle.  I downloaded the pattern and got to work.  I used my own color combination for the turtle, and had to adjust the pattern a little to make the hat more hat-like, but in the end I am really happy with how it turned out.


This pattern involved more sewing than I am used to, but I think the details really help add dimension to the hat.  The turtle is looks like a happy cartoon character and that was exactly what I was going for.

No comments:

Post a Comment