Friday, September 30, 2016

What Became of the Flower Garden

The flower garden was a struggle for me this year.  I spread some wildflower seeds too early in the season and then didn't water them enough, so they never came up.  Then the bed was repeatedly overgrown with ragweed though I weeded sections of it when I could.  I ended up scattering a second round of seeds throughout the bed after one of my thorough weeding sessions and have been rewarded with a nice variety of colorful flowers in my yard.  I mulched the second sowing of seeds so that may have helped them stay moist enough to germinate even with my inconsistant watering of this bed.  I hope that these flowers have enough time to make seed before the first frost so I can continue seeing flowers here next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment