Monday, January 9, 2017

Building Up the Sale Collection

It has been a weekend full of fiber work here.  I finished up a couple of hats for holiday gifts and then proceeded to make a couple more hats to add to my sale collection.  I like the way using different combinations of colors makes unique patterns in each hat.  All of these hats used up a few random left over skeins of yarn that I had used in previous projects.

 I like the way this hat looks like it is glowing under a black light.  The dark purple and the magenta really makes the light blue pop. 
This hat used up some really soft yarn that I had left over from making a baby blanket.  So comfy and will keep your head cozy in all kinds of cold weather!

This hat is a lighter version of my usual beanie.  The top is still nice and thick to hold heat in, but the band around the forehead is thinner which allows better ventilation. 


This hat reminds me of peppermint and cotton candy.  I think it finished off both my magenta and light pink skeins and the white ties it all together nicely.  

This hat is a simple beanie that I used a different stitch on.  It is very light and stretchy, yet still very warm.  It is nice to practice using different stitches to see how they affect the overall pattern of a hat.  I like the way this stitch adds elasticity to the hat and may start using in more of my work.

I like the variety that you can get by just using different colors of yarn.  The hats made from leftover yarns are always unique and I enjoy trying different combinations of colors that complement each other.  I don't think that I will ever make the same hat twice!



No comments:

Post a Comment