Saturday, August 12, 2017

Dehydrated Zucchini Chips

I am in the midst of a glut of summer squash and have been totally unable to keep up with them despite eating them every day in various dishes.  I have been giving them away by the bag at work and feeding the giant ones to the chickens to supplement their diet.  I decided that since I had so many it wouldn't hurt to use a few in an flavor experiment with my dehydrator, so I sliced them up and laid them out on the trays, making each tray a slightly different flavor.  One tray I left plain for comparison.  One tray I sprinkled with Old Bay Seasoning.  One tray I just sprinkled with salt and one tray I sprinkled with white vinegar and sea salt.  If it turns out to be a tasty snack then I will make several batches of chips over the next few weeks and hopefully have a healthy treat for myself this winter when fresh summer squash is well out of season.



No comments:

Post a Comment