Monday, December 4, 2017

Backyard Harvest Dinner

Here it is the beginning of December and I'm still harvesting enough out of the garden to make a tasty dinner.  Since I was trying to round out the meal I did take a few things out of the cupboard and the freezer but overall the meal was grown almost entirely in my own front yard,  It included a fresh picked carrot and head of broccoli, onions, shallots and garlic harvested months ago, dehydrated yellow squash, and frozen chicken breasts.  The only thing that I didn't grow in my garden was the mushrooms that rounded out the meal.

All cooked up and ready to eatL
I still find it hard to believe that I can eat this well out of my garden at this time of the year.  I also love the color of the fresh foods that I am eating  The rainbow purple carrots, the bright green broccoli and the deep purple onions and shallots really add a depth of color to the meal that makes it even more enticing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment