Friday, April 13, 2018

A Hat For A Gift

Even though spring has arrived I am still getting requests for crocheted crafts.  The most recent project was a hat that will become a gift.  The request was for a soft hat made with dark royal blue and burgundy colors.  I found the perfect colors, but the yarn that I chose made the project a little more involved that I had anticipated.  The yarn was a soft, thick four ply yarn and when I made my first attempt using the whole thickness of the yarn I learned that I had made a mistake.  I didn't have any crochet hooks large enough to use with two strands of this yarn at the same time.  My solution was to un-ply the yarns and use one strand of each color to make the hat.  Un-plying the yarns became an exercise in patience and I only did a little at a time to keep the single strands from becoming too tangled.  The result was well worth the trouble.  The hat is super soft and still thick and warm and the colors worked really well together.  I really love the end product and I hope the receiver of this gift loves it too.


No comments:

Post a Comment