Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Backyard Breakfast

The garden has been looking delicious lately.  The beds are filling in and everything looks fairly happy despite the hot dry weather we have been having lately.  This is the beginning of the season that I can eat really fresh from the garden every day.  I have started stealing potatoes from the volunteers and some of my onions have been sending up flower stalks, so I have been pulling those as I need them.  The garlic scapes have been a regular addition to my meals lately as well.
These lovely veggies became breakfast in short order along with a couple of fresh eggs from my little flock.  I love the variety of colors that I can eat when I grow my own vegetables.  The dark purple potatoes contrast nicely with the bright green garlic scapes.  I also love the taste of fresh picked veggies, I have never eaten anything from the store that even comes close to the flavor of what I cooked up today.


No comments:

Post a Comment