Monday, April 4, 2016

The Latest Crocheted Creation: The Earth Day Hat

It has been a while since I had the time to work on my crochet hobby.  I was working on a baby blanket for the longest time, but I finally finished it.  I had been longing to do a quick project with some of my hand spun yarn that I dyed last fall, and the opportunity for that had finally arrived.

This yarn was spun from 100% merino wool.  I spun it into a two ply white yarn, which I then dyed with blue and green dyes in one of my first dying experiments.
  When this skein was rolled into to ball it reminded me of a tiny planet earth.  I couldn't wait to see what patterns it would make as I crocheted it.
This is the final product: a unique, warm winter hat.

I love the way the colors fade into each other in waves.  The more practise I get creating new colors and patterns of yarn, the more I want to try all sorts of new ideas.  The only boundary I have is my imagination and creativity.



No comments:

Post a Comment