Thursday, March 28, 2019

Seedlings are Progressing

Things are starting to look nice and green in the growing corner in my kitchen.  The seedlings that were planted in February have started to fill out a bit.  The fastest growers are my brassicas.  The first round of broccoli and cabbage starts have sized up quite a bit in the past month and I expect they will be good and ready to move outdoors once the weather warms up a little more.  I have started putting them outside for a couple hours here and there to get them used to the strong sunshine they will be growing in once they are transplanted.

The next biggest seedlings are the peppers.  They do take a long time to get going, but all of the seedlings look pretty happy so far.  It will still be weeks before the weather is even close to warm enough to start the hardening off process with these guys, so they still have plenty of time to size up.

The herbs and celery are still tiny, but they are growing.  They will be going outside around the same time as the peppers, so hopefully they will make a lot more progress by then.


Last but not least are my tomato and tomatillo seedlings.  These guys were planted only a couple of weeks ago, but I expect they will grow quickly.  They have already starting making their first true leaves.  I hope that I can get them outside before they get too big for my growing space in the kitchen.


No comments:

Post a Comment