Friday, March 18, 2016

Baby Chickens : Three Weeks Old

The weather has been exceptionally nice the last couple days, and the baby chickens have been busy growing their feathers, so I thought I'd give them a taste of their future home.  I was able to come home at lunch time and set them up for being outside.  I still kept their heat lamp on in the coop, but I don't think they used it since it was so nice in the sunshine.  When I came home after work the temperature had started to drop, so I brought them inside for the night.  I think they should be able to start spending nights outside soon.....maybe only one more week.  I would like them to have a few more grown up feathers before they have to spend time in a cooler environment.  So here they are at three weeks:






No comments:

Post a Comment