Thursday, March 31, 2016

The Peppers Are Popping

A couple weeks ago I invested a few minutes of my time to start this years pepper seeds.  I am growing four different varieties of bell peppers this year: Horizon Bell which makes an orange pepper, Canary Bell which makes a yellow pepper, Jupiter which makes a good sized red pepper (or green pepper if picked before maturity), and Purple Beauty which makes a dark purple (almost black) pepper.  Now nearly three weeks later, the pepper seedlings have made an appearance.

When the time comes for transplanting these to the garden, I may get a couple of Jalapeno Peppers to add to the bed, but I didn't have any seeds to start of this variety.  I may also try some Sweet Banana Peppers if I have the room.  

Peppers can be such a beautiful and colorful addition to the garden.  I like to plant a large variety because I love to make and can homemade salsa.  Nothing beats the flavor of garden fresh ingredients in homemade salsa!  

No comments:

Post a Comment