Monday, March 21, 2016

Planting Perennial Flowers

I had the good fortune of someone gifting me a variety of seeds for annual and perennial flowers that were drought tolerant and good for growing in this area.  Here is the list: Candytuft, Baby's Breath, Cosmos, Pinks, Catchfly, Gallardia, Plains Coreopsis, and Baby Blue Eyes.  To this I am adding a few perennial seeds that I had in my own collection:  Purple Coneflower, Black Eyed Susans, and Chamomile.  I planted these seeds in random groupings in a large bed in the center of the front yard.  This area was previously home to many many weeds which were raked off the area to prepare the bed for planting.  I sprinkled handfuls of the seeds throughout the flower bed and my friend raked them into the bed.  We then mulched the area with some old hay from my neighbor and gave it a good soaking to give the seeds a good start.  I think this bed might be the most eye catching in the whole garden once it gets established!

No comments:

Post a Comment